Framed by the picturesque backdrop of the Zillertal Alps, the Aurina Private Luxury Lodges on the Kleinwieserhof hug the extensive sun terrace of Luttach. This unusual South Tyrol hideaway promises unforgettable chalet holidays surrounded by leisurely luxury at all times of year.
Everyday stress fades into the background. Relax and make yourself at home - easily achieved in the Aurina Private Luxury Lodges. The chic alpine domicile offers its guests not just accommodation, but a comfortable home. A temporary one, unfortunately, but wonderful and enjoyed by my husband and I right down to the final minute.
EXCLUSIVE WELLBEING DESIGN
One thing that immediately catches the eye is the stylish design and interior of the Aurina Private Luxury Lodges. So many attractive details, it is impossible to list them – and all of them original, tasteful and lovingly created. The deep affiliation to the region, the native flora and fauna is reflected in the architecture of the five exclusive chalet suites, completed in 2016. Local wood, finest leather, premium fabrics and plain stone walls: in the Aurina Private Luxury Lodges nature comes right to the guests. Clear lines, spacious, well-lit rooms and discreetly luxurious furnishings in alpine style convey an exclusive atmosphere of wellbeing.
LIVING & RELAXING IN SOUTH TYROL
The chalet suites all feature separate bedrooms and delight guests with down-to-earth luxury and select comfort. From the oversized flat screen television to the fully-equipped kitchen - everything has been thought of. One highlight is the private sun terrace, which leads onto a small, fenced garden. Unusual: the accommodation on the upper floor also features an outdoor oasis with lawn. From the private garden with wellness loungers and lounge furniture there are unimpeded views of the grandiose Ahrntal mountain world.
The fact that guests feel at home so quickly at the Aurina Private Luxury Lodges is not only down to the picturesque location and the select interior, but also the welcoming hosts, the Stolzlechner family. They pay careful attention to their guests whilst at the same time allowing them individual privacy and space of their own. The Stolzlechner family philosophy is that "True luxury does not necessarily lie in excess, but in proximity to nature and the freedom to do everything, without having to do anything".
WELLNESS WITH THE ENERGY OF NATURE
What could be finer than regenerating the senses in a wellness oasis after a day spent sightseeing, hiking, cycling or skiing? For us, the visit to the excellent Aurina nature spa has become a daily ritual. We make use of the entire portfolio: beneficial full-body and partial-body massages with native oils, beauty treatments and warm hay beds deliver delightful relaxation. Guests looking to work up a healthy sweat can choose between a Finnish sauna, a steam sauna and an infrared cabin. Cooling off in the mist duct is an experience in its own right. A wonderful silence prevails in the quiet rooms. Here we can switch off undisturbed and immerse ourselves in other spheres whilst gazing at the illuminated salt crystal wall.
By the way: my favourite spa experience is the Geoway infrared mountain bike. After just 20 minutes of pedalling at a moderate speed, the high ambient temperature means that calories are burned quickly and easily. Afterwards: a trip to the massage lounger, the overwater massage with wave system is a true joy. The crowning glory of our spa visit is a bath in the outdoor whirlpool on the sun terrace - with breathtaking views of the glacier. Those who do not like it quite so hot in summer can cool off in the natural bathing pond, fed by a private spring.
THE PERFECT START TO THE DAY
There is no better way to start the day: the South Tyrol mountain breakfast at the Aurina Private Luxury Lodges delights us with its regional specialities, which we enjoy in the chic breakfast room. Some of the fresh produce is even sourced from the lodges' own grounds. Those that prefer a little more privacy can have breakfast served in their own suite. Lunch and evening meal is not offered. However, nearby are numerous restaurants, featuring excellent, diverse cuisine that leaves no wish unfulfilled.
So what is it that makes a break at the family and dog-friendly Aurina Private Luxury Lodges so special? It is the perfect combination of design, comfort and friendliness. It delivers prompt serenity to stressed travellers, invigorates nature lovers and delights active holidaymakers as well as guests looking simply to relax.
Text: Petra Dietz
GOOD TO KNOW
The Aurina Private Luxury Lodges are located in the charming village of Luttach in the picturesque Ahrntal in South Tyrol, Italy. An hour from Bressanone (Brixen) and an hour and a half from Bolzano (Bozen).
- 5 exclusive chalet-suites in different sizes for 2 to 10 persons
- breakfast included
- free W-LAN, also in the suites
- fresh Ahrntal mountain spring water from the stone pine carafe
- pets are allowed
- free underground parking with elevator
- free rental of hiking bags and sticks
- free shuttle in the Ahrntal region
- free holiday pass Ahrntal for the free use of public transport and reductions for various sights and attractions
- cleaning of the chalet suite on request and for a fee
WELL-BEING & SPORT
- Use of the spa with saunas, relaxation rooms, massage, infrared cabin, Geoway infrared mountain bike and whirlpool
- relaxing massages and bowtech treatments (by appointment)
- cuddly bathrobes, bathing shoes and sauna towels
- free entry to the "Cascade" adventure water world in Sand in Taufers, less than five kilometres from Luttach
- Rental of bicycles and e-bikes for a fee
- Breakfast: regional and natural enjoyment with predominantly organic products from local producers and refined delicacies from the in-house farm.
- For sweet tooth: treats like cakes or stuffed croissants are not only for breakfast, they are available to the guests all day for free. The same applies to a varied coffee selection.
MUST DO & MUST SEE
- Pure nature: Discover the wonderful landscape on foot, on horseback or on a bicycle.
- Snugly: Visit the numerous alpine pastures in the region and strengthen themselves with South Tyrolean goodies.
- For the adventurous: Go climbing, rafting, kite flying or paragliding.
- Swim in lakes or year-round in water world "Cascade" in Sand in Taufers.
- Play golf at the foot of Kronplatz.
- Play tennis and squash indoor and outdoor.
- For skiers: 74 kilometres of slopes with different degrees of difficulty are available in nearby Speikboden, Klausberg, Weißenbach and Rein in Taufers. Thanks to snowmaking systems absolute snow safety is guaranteed. For even more ski fun: The famous Kronplatz ski area is about an hour away.
- excellent cross-country ski trails nearby
- ice climbing
- ice skating
- snowshoe hikes
- winter hiking