The futuristic-looking Millennium Hilton Bangkok is a hotel of the superlative, setting a benchmark even within the exclusive Hilton Hotel Group itself. A stylish city domicile for tourists, businesspeople – and shopping fans.
The distinctive hotel tower soars radiantly into the broad skies of Bangkok, on the banks of the pulsating artery of the Thai metropolis, the Chao Phraya River. The contemporary- style design is impressive. The 543 rooms – 78 of which are suites – on 32 floors offer simplistic luxury, state-of-the-art techno - logy and breathtaking views of the river. A must: take the lift to the 32nd floor and enjoy the 360°-panorama view across the Bangkok. The central location of the five-star hotel makes it perfect for exploring the city. The hotel jetty means that the finest markets and sites can be reached in just a short boat ride, including the Grand Palace, the Wat Pho temple with the reclining Buddha and the Temple of Dawn. The Sky Train brings you swiftly to the numerous shopping malls of the Thai metropolis.
On your return from the colourful markets, chic luxury stores and gigantic shopping centres the swish pool deck of the Millennium Hilton Bangkok is the ideal place for stylish regeneration. Located at a height of over 15 metres, it offers infinity pool, sandy beach and whirlpool. From here there is a seemingly endless view over the city, allowing the senses to relax and new energy to be generated. The latter is also on hand in the exquisite “eforea: spa at Hilton”, naturally, an oasis of wellbeing amidst the hustle and bustle of the big city. And once again, the Millennium Hilton Bangkok sets new standards. So the legendary spa oasis was rejuvenated - from design to the ambiance to the therapy program: Everything is fresh and adapted to the modern needs of the guests.
The multi award-winning Millennium Hilton Bangkok is also a trendsetter with regard to culinary aspects: gourmet offers include the Flow, an all-day restaurant with an open kitchen and own cheese room, the Yuan, offering Cantonese specialities, the award-winning Prime steak - house and the Three Sixty, a jazz lounge with 360-degree view and wonderful cocktail creations that mouth-wateringly reflect the spirit of the age. The Maya restaurant, opened in the evenings, offers a new interpretation of the “perfect art of dining“. As the sun sets the room is transformed into a stage for the presentation of the most delicious creations of Thai cuisine, blending with traditional dancing to form a unique experience. A further highlight is the picnics on the roof of the hotel, with fabulous views of the illuminated metropolis. And we should not forget Sunday brunch, either. The place to be every Sunday – and not just from a culinary viewpoint!
Text: Petra Dietz
GOOD TO KNOW
Millennium Hilton Bangkok is located in the center of the city and is well-connected to the river, skytrain and roads. Close to many cultural attractions including Temple of Dawn, Grand Palace and the flower market. Also close by are Bangkok's unique shopping facilities, The Riverfront and Bangkok's night market.
- 533 rooms and suites with river view
- Executive Lounge on the 31st floor
- free wireless internet access
- wheelchair accessible
- child care
- concierge service
- sun terrace and garden
- free parking
- hotel-operated shuttle boat every 20 minutes
- 15 modern conference and meeting rooms
- Flow Restaurant: contemporary restaurant for all-day dining from around the globe. Enjoy stunning river views from the terrace and watch the chefs prepare sushi and sashimi specials in the open kitchen.
- Prime Restaurant: Soft tones create a relaxed ambience at the Millennium Hilton Bangkok hotel's sophisticated steakhouse. Sip new and old world wines, savor the finest imported beef or choose fresh live lobster and oysters for dinner in this contemporary restaurant overlooking the river.
- The Beach: Sun and speciality cocktails are the order of the day at The Beach. Relax on a lounger by the 4th floor pool with garden and river views as you enjoy freshly squeezed juiced, smoothies, and snacks.
- The Latern: a paradise for lovers of fine blended teas all paired with artfully crafted chocolate and delicious desserts, created by our pastry chef from Switzerland.
- Three Sixty Lounge: on the 32nd floor of the Millennium Hilton Bangkok hotel. Romantic mood and gentle jazz while you enjoy a cocktail and some of the most magnificent views the city has to offer.
- Yuan Chinese Restaurant: Gold and wood tones create a warm backdrop in this contemporary restaurant. The air of sophistication is completed by the contemporary Cantonese cuisine.
WELL-BEING & SPORT
- eforea: Spa at Hilton with 12 Spa Suites
- outdoor pool
- fitness center
- beauty salon
MUST DO & MUST SEE
- visit The Great Palace and "Wat Phra Kaeo".
- see Wat Arun, the Temple of Dawn. The impressive Buddhist temple is located in the district of Bangkok Yai.
- enjoy great shopping in the open air mall "Asiatique - The Riverfront".
- walk around the flower market, the flower market is a feast for the eyes.
- stroll through the night market.
- discover ancient traditions and cultures in Chinatown.
- take a boat trip on the Chao Phraya River.
- try the street kitchen.