Enchanted Island Resort Owners Signature Pool Deck
Arrive. Relax. Feel as if you are in paradise. This, essentially, is the Enchanted Island Resort. The small, exclusive island resort in the Indian Ocean makes tropical dreams come true.
Who would have thought that a grey, wrinkled face could be so delightful? The charm of a Seychelles giant turtle is inescapable, however. We are on Moyenne Island, one of the smallest national parks in the world, just a stone’s throw from Mahé, the largest of the 115 islands that comprise the Seychelles. It is not possible to stay on Moyenne Island, only day visitors are allowed. The island is a truly beautiful excursion destination and we are fortunate enough to reside directly opposite, in the delightful Enchanted Island resort. We set off back in the resort kayak. In just ten minutes we have reached “our bay“, because each of the ten villas on Enchanted Island has its own access to one of the wonderful bays of the island. One of the many privileges that guests at this picturesque five-star domicile can enjoy.
PRIVACY AT ITS BEST
When Rolling Stones guitarist Ron Wood and his wife Sally visited Enchanted Island shortly after its opening they were so delighted with it that they immediately extended their stay by another week. The couple were no doubt impressed by the beauty of the island, but also by the privacy that it offers every single guest, not just legendary rock stars. The Enchanted Island resort, which has been managed since its opening in August 2013 by Dubai- based JA Resorts & Hotels, is a secluded gem. It is surrounded by a 2,000-hectare tropical garden in an archipelago in the Indian Ocean, part of the Sainte Anne’s National Marine Park. Perfect for nature lovers and those in search of tranquillity. Getting there could not be simpler: guests are collected from the international airport in the capital, Victoria. After a short drive to the port the journey continues by boat, with this little paradise reached just 15 minutes later.
GEM IN THE INDIAN OCEAN
A maximum of 24 guests can stay here, perfect for all those in search of a break from their hectic lives. The resort has eight private Pool Villas with one bedroom as well as an Enchanted Signature Villa and an Owner’s Signature Villa, each of which have two bedrooms and a large pool. By the way, the Owner’s Signature Villa was awarded the coveted title Seychelles’ Leading Villa by “World Travel Awards 2016“, for the third time in a row. The design of the villas incorporates the traditional Creole architecture of the Seychelles. The tasteful timber built accommodation lies embedded in lush greenery and the granite rocks typical of the Seychelles. Each villa offers its guests everything that the traveller heart could wish for, whether it is an open-air rain shower, freestanding outdoor bathtub, an idyllic sundeck with pavilion or a private infinity pool. And for those who need it: naturally, this Garden of Eden also has Wi-Fi.
A day on a fabulous island draws to a close quicker than we would like: fascinating snorkelling trips, sunbathing on the secluded terrace, swimming in the warm ocean and enjoying fantastic food in the Bounty restaurant, with its picturesque views. The relaxing highlight is treatment in the Serena Spa, which sits on the tip of the island, with views over the Indian Ocean. We choose the “Adam & Eve“ treatment, which enables couples to enjoy a fantastic massage together. Not only honeymooners will find this a heavenly delight. Time flies by on Enchanted Island. As the day of departure draws near, we feel like Stones legend Ron Wood – we do not want to leave. Because who would willingly leave paradise behind?
Text: Petra Dietz
Text: Petra Dietz
GOOD TO KNOW
On arrival at the Seychelles International Airport (SEZ) on Mahé near the capital city of Victoria, you will be chauffeured to the Mahé jetty just ten minutes away. Your journey continues with a 15-minute motorboat transfer to Enchanted Island Resort and a tropical island welcome to your private villa.
- 10 Villas with private pool and sun deck
- tropical garden
- main pool near the restaurant
- free wireless internet access
- languages spoken: English, German, Arabic, French, Russian, Urdu, Filipino, Portuguese, Hindi, Danish, Afrikaans
- Bounty Restaurant: Situated at the resort’s main pool overlooking the Indian Ocean, restaurant specialises in contemporary international gourmet cuisine, with Creole Influences.
- Castaway Bar: Admire a majestic golden sunset with a choice of exotic cocktails and aperitifs, or enjoy a nightcap and cigar under a canopy of stars.
- Private / In-Villa Dining: You decide whether its breakfast in bed, a moonlight dinner, picnic on the beach or light lunch fare on the terraced gazebo of your own pool.
WELL-BEING & SPORT
- the 350m² Serena Spa with three treatment pavilions and views over the ocean
- fully equipped gymnasium with cardio vascular equipment
- Pavilion Bwa Zoli Ker – Yoga Pavilion
- free snorkelling equipment
- free kayak rental
MUST DO & MUST SEE
- Explore the underwater world – make a snorkelling or diving trip.
- Take a trip to Mahé and discover the capital Victoria.
- Paddle with the kayak to Moyenne Island. The smallest national park in the world inspires with its large population of Seychelles giant turtles.