Red. Blue. Green. Yellow. The color explosions at the latest New York design hotel „The William“ make for a good mood. But it is anyway guaranteed to have a good mood. Here, ﬁnally, one is in New York, the city which never sleeps. There is only one drop of bitterness: The charming boutique hotel in Midtown Manhattan is too nice, one may not want to leave it at all.
UNIQUE IN STYLE
SHORT STAY. LONG STAY. PERFECT STAY.
The William is full of charm, style and hospitality. This is mainly due to the hotel team. Warmhearted and highly professionally, the wishes of the guests are fulﬁlled. Just in the sometimes hectic city the travelers estimate a form of unexciting, professional looking service by the employees. Guests are sad when they have to leave this friendly hotel. However, for those who are not planning on leaving: Up from duration of a stay of 30 days, the hotel offers a special range of prices which guarantee further savings. Thus, the New York lifestyle can be enjoyed in the middle of Manhattan in colorful suites – round-the-clock looked after by a caring concierge. The suites – with balcony and kitchen – act here as urbane oases with amazing views of the skyline.
Text: Petra Dietz
The William Private Circle is an exclusive, limited member fellowship of discerning guests, friends and select citizens from around the globe who entrust The William’s prestigious concierge with the management of their daily needs while taking residence in New York City. The William Private Circle offers members personalized care and insightful resources. For further inquiries, please contact the hotel at 1-800-ASK-WILL or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
GOOD TO KNOW
- 33 Rooms: Deluxe Rooms, Suites, Premium Suites, Studios and a Penthouse Suite. Some rooms have a kitchen and a terrace.
- free W-Lan
- 24-hour on-site security
- Childcare service available
- Secretarial services
- Grocery shopping service available
- Complimentary Wireless Internet
- Complimentary local and national telephone calls
- The Peacock: The restaurant will evoke an early 19th century English gentleman’s club brought into the present. Enter through The William lobby and be transported into a traditional style dining room featuring rich wood paneling, oak parquet floors, marble fireplaces, and lush outdoor terrace. In the dining rooms, guests can expect a seasonal sophisticated menu inspired by classic British cuisine.
- The Shakespeare Pub: Located beneath The Peacock with its own separate entrance is The Shakespeare Pub. Emblematic of a 16th century pub found in Stratford upon Avon, The Shakespeare Pub will feature repurposed wood beams that run along the ceiling and rich wood paneling that wrap the walls. Take a seat at the 30-foot-long bar or slip into a private nook and enjoy a menu of English pub grub, cask ales, and wines.
- Raines Law Room: Opulent design and a selection of “old fashioned” Drinks make this lounge so special.
- Meat lovers have to visit the Keens in Midtown: The restaurant has become Manhattan’s best known USDA Prime-only steakhouse. Its reputation is legendary, its Single Malt collection equally so.
WELL-BEING & SPORT
- Hotel guests can use a nearby, very exclusive gym free of charge.
MUST DO & MUST SEE
- Put on comfortable shoes: Many sights are on the doorstep of The William and can be discovered on foot. All other hotspots can easily be reached by subway. With New York’s traffic chaos, a car makes little sense during the day. In the evening, however, you can easily get around by taxi. The taxi prices are surprisingly humane for such a metropolis.
- Stroll along the High Line Park: The disused elevated railway line is now a green oasis in the middle of the city. If you want to strengthen yourself in between, leave the 2.3-kilometer-long park path and eat in the Meatpacking District or in the Chelsea Market.
- Take the ferry to Staten Island: The free (!) crossing goes very close to the Statue of Liberty and you have a magnificent view of Lower Manhattan